09 January 2013

The progress in knitting during the holiday!

I had some knitting and crocheting done over the holiday. But more crocheting actually. I just haven't updated my blog in a long time.

I found an old project in the wardrobe. Something I must have started when Olivia was a baby. She is now 4 years old. I intended to crochet a bedspread for her baby bed. But now it will have to be a bedspread for her big girl bed instead.

So I just have to crochet a bit more squares. I have almost done 100. But sadly the pink color yarn is soon finished. I hope all the squares will be enought to make the bedspread. This is how they look like now:



Then I have crocheted a bit more even. I tried to do a felted seat cushion. The first one did not become round, more like a hexagon lol. Then I made another one and I had of course figured out to make it round. And that one also became a pattern, which I will put out in my webshop later. It is quite easy to figure it out, I know. But for the people, who do not want to figure it out it can be good to just buy the pattern for a small sum.



Here to the left is the second sitting cushion before felting in the washing machine. Below is the sitting cushion after felting. It acutally made a quite big difference. 20 % shrinkage.




The front page of the pattern is not the best but it is OK.




 I also finished the sailing boat sweater before Christmas. It went so slowly forward with that one. I was somehow a bit boored. It goes up and down with the knittng sometimes. I never got to the part where I took out my sewing machine to sew in the zipper. But at last I made it. Here is the result:



The difference from the first sailing boat sweater is the lower edge of the body. It is made in navy blue instead of light blue.

What is going on right now in knitting is another seating cushion. I figured out another way to do it faster and I am trying 2 threads of Plötulopi instead of 3 threads together.




No comments:

Popular Posts