27 November 2008

Latest update of my projects!

Here comes an update what I have been working on the last weeks.

I have done 32 squares or the blanket. Now I only have three left before I finally can sew it together.

Then I am also almost finished with my secret project. It is not much left to knit there now and then it is only sewing it together end fix loose ends. Need to wash it too of course.

I actually started on another thing too. Just by coincident I found a multi-colored yarn that goes in green in Europris (a budget department store here in Iceland). It was very soft and nice so I bought quite a lot and also some black and some white balls. Then I just started to knit immediately when I came home. I made up my own design. It is going to be a pullover with collar. I will put in a picture on the progress next time I write.

By the way, I will put in pictures on all my on-going and finished projects in my next contribution. Now, knitting night is on the schedule. I am soon about to leave. I am going to knit another square tonight. I use to have time to make one square on our knitting nights.

By the way, I got a question where I find all the patterns for the Icelandic Sweaters. I usually buy special knitting books, which they sell here in Iceland. They are mostly in Icelandic but some of them are also in English or German.
But you can also find a few free patterns online. Look at my knitting links to the right. ISTEX have 4 free patterns in english. Just click on english version in the right hand side column. Here you can also find out what knitting books they have published but of course you need to buy them to see the patterns.

No comments:

Popular Posts