02 April 2010

NEW BIG PROJECT on its way and something in between (PINWHEEL SWEATER for baby)

I got an order of a whole set of Icelandic knitted clothes. Everything in 100% Icelandic wool. It is going to be a knitted sweater (lopapeysa), a pair of knitted trousers, 2 knitted hats, a knitted scarf, mittens and a knitted T-shirts (or West).

It was a german guy, who was her last autumn, who wanted all of this. He said it was ok if it took some time. I guess about a year was fine for all of the stuff. Now, I was thinking about starting the project. Sure, maybe I do some other small things in between too. Something for me and Olivia. Sometimes I feel like having 2 differnt project so I can alternate a bit.

But first he wanted me to knit a testpiece and send him. Just so he could see that the colors and the thickness was ok for him. He wanted it really thick and warm so I am doing it in 4 threads of plötulopi, which is unspun plates of wool. I have already knitted the testpiece. What is left is to send it, which I will do as soon as possible. It looks like this:



But since I can not start with his stuff until he accepts the testpiece I started with something else in the meantime. I am doing a small pinwheel sweater for my darling Olivia. It is just knitted in one piece on the round.

I goes quite quickly and I have knitted quite a lot already. I actually have some pain in my fingers now so maybe I need to slow down a bit. But I feel like knitting now durint Eastern. I have a bad cold too so I will not go out now. Johan was outside playing with Olivia today and I was lying in the couch knitting. Here is how the work looks like right now:



And I also have to tell you about the other day when I went in to a store I usually not go in to often. They have a lot of bad quality wool there but I buy there sometimes. The do not have Icelandic yarn. Anyway, I saw a really nice multi-colored yarn. I just had to buy some balls. So nice colors. I will definitely do something for myself in that yarn. I bought enough for a sweater. So we will se what kind of sweater I will do. That will be later. Here is how it looks like:

No comments:

Popular Posts